Friday, February 22, 2008

What I can only assume is a sign

One of my pet peeves, & there are many, are people who think everything is a sign. I once knew a person who thought it was a sign whenever the clock said something like 1:23 or 11:11 or 9:11. It was especially annoying when I was driving & she would scream & I would swerve trying to avoid whatever danger she was alerting me of, only to find she was pointing at the clock. See, I just call that time. It happens twice a day. Everyday.

So the other day I was eating Reeses Pieces & set them down on the counter. This is what it looked like:


I randomly set down Reeses Pieces in a triangle, containing only two out of the three colors & the colors alternated rows perfectly.

So in the name of gluttony science, I decided to try this again to see what the odds were of this happening & subsequent random tests looked like this:



Then I ran out of Reese's Pieces. Wouldn't you know it, I finally get a sign & it's in candy. Now what did the great candy appearance of '08 mean? At first, I thought it was an arrow promting me to move into the dining room post haste. I did so, expecting an avil to fall on the counter, but it didn't. So after ten seconds I went back to the counter because that's where the candy was. It could mean that I should build a pyramid, or participate in some kind of multi level marketing venture (pyramid scheme). After all this pondering I was hungry. Yes, I ate the sign. It was tasty. It's not my fault that candy is so yummy. I only hope this didn't use up my lifetime allotment of beating the odds-ness, I would've hoped for winning the lottery.

7 comments:

JenKneeBee said...

I think it's a sign that you will soon meet a ninja, fall madly in love, and win the lottery together. Be sure to remember the little people when you're massively rich!

~Virginia~ said...

Well, if you read The Da Vinci Code, it looks like the symbol for the Sacred Feminine. And you know what THAT means!! Time for tiaras! :)

Also thought I'd mention that my word verification for this comment is "fpoof". Made me giggle. :)

Curvaceous, said...

I think Reeses Pieces should sponsor you in clinical trials. This could be something...

ellesappelle said...

You are too funny. :) I think it's a sign that candy is yummy and also a well-ordered element of the universe.

LEstes65 said...

Oh my goodness! That was beautiful. I think the fact that your post was so funny that I snorted some weird substance from my nose is a SIGN! Of what, I am not sure. YET. Maybe I'll go ask my clock.

Stacy said...

It was a sign that you were meant to eat the candy. It was trying to make itself as appetizing as possible for you.

Trish Ryan said...

Hee! I used to think I saw signs all the time. Then I realized that life would feel far to risky if bad news could be lurking in every bag of candy :)