Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Day the Blender Died

I've been writing about cooking a lot lately. I guess I've just been craving food that hasn't been invented yet. My thought process today was:

Thought 1: I want food that isn't invented yet
Thought 2: Maybe I want hummus
Thought 3: I don't know what hummus is
Thought 4: Maybe thats what I want
Thought 5: I don't have tahini or a food processor
Thought 6: I don't know what either of those things are
Thought 7: I don't know what curry is either so I'll substitute that
Thought 8: The blender is like a food processor right? Like it can crush ice.
Thought 9: I guess not. Ok, my next purchase will be a ninja food chopper.

6 comments:

Stacy said...

I use my blender as a food processor all the time. Though not for anything complicated, I admit.

You've never had hummus? I think you can get it in the deli of most supermarkets.

Barrie said...

Hmmm.....I don't think I'd substitute curry for tahini. :)

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I don't think it's hummus you want. Unless you're a fan of the chickpea. I'm not.

Trish Ryan said...

I flirted with making my own hummus recently--I thought all you had to do was squish up some chick peas, add olive oil & garlic, and blend away.

Then someone mentioned tahini. I don't even know what a tahini is, so I went to the store to get some and it came in a can like Spam, which freaked me out.

Reading your post makes me realize that tahini saved my blender!

Allie said...

Mmm, hummus - I'm lazy and just buy it,I admire your tenacity!

heidikins said...

Hahah, love it.

Also--hummus is, in my opinion, much improved by adding artichokes. Makes it less chickpea-y.

xox