Stacy tagged me to tell 6 strange things about myself. My first thought was, "Only six?". However, there are several little pieces that I've been trying to fit into other posts, but they just don't work anywhere else.
1. Sometimes, late at night I watch "Los Destinos" on PBS. It is a 1990's grammar lesson for Spanish classes, that is disguised as a soap opera. I want to own them on DVD, if they even come on DVD. It's hilarious watching them try to weave a very dramatic plot of war & lost loves, around basic grammar. Here is an example: Phone Rings, Raquel picks up: "Alo? Yes, Yes, oh no he's dead? Let me go pack my clothes". Then we follow Raquel to her closet where she tells us the colors of all the clothes "red, blue, green, yellow". Then she breaks out with the color "salmon". I guess it was the 1990's. Salmon is still on of my favorite words.
2. I think there should be a cheesy breakfast cereal. Most other food types offer a variety of salty or sweet. You can have a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, or ham. However, cereal just comes in sweet.
3. For three days in high school I was too tired to be funny. Not wanting to lose my crown as the future leader of Canada, I decided to speak in a Scottish accent...for three days...straight. I couldn't get my old voice back.
4. My longest relationship has lasted a month. Yes, an entire month. It only lasted that long because I was on vacation for two weeks. It might have something to do with the fact that I think kicking is a sign of affection.
5. My dad built us a 10 foot tall fort when I was a kid. Whenever we got a new present, my four brothers would rush to the top of the fort & throw it off. They broke a big wheel & a tonka truck, along with many less impressive items. I miss that fort sometimes.
6. I had a Spanish professor who spoke 9 different languages. He insisted that out of all those languages, the most beautiful word was "Teguicigalpa". He swears that if you whisper this three times over candlelight you can make anyone fall in love with you. Teguicigalpa doesn't mean anything, it's just the name of a city in Honduras. I've never tried this, hence my month or less relationships.
I won't tag anyone for this meme, but if anyone wants to participate I would love it if you left your links in the comments.