As Valentine's day approaches I can't help but think about my past loves. I never was one to have normal crushes, even on celebrities. Nowadays, I'm normal, it's all about Matt Damon & Luke from "Gilmore Girls". Well, I guess I still do have a little not normal crush on Duff Goldman from the food network, but the man can make a wedding cake that looks like a rat, what isn't to love? This is my Valentine's Day/Abba Jabba gift to anyone who reads this. This would be much funnier if it wasn't actually true.
1. Jeremy Miller from Growing Pains. Yes, a lot of people would've gone for a guest starring Leonardo Dicapro, but not me. I didn't even go for the young Brad Pitt that was also a guest star. I think the glasses got me. I love a boy in glasses, it makes them look not stupid. They probably still will be, but they can at least look smart. Also, he seems Canadian to me, very mellow & very happy. He isn't Canadian, but Alan Thicke is, so there is that connection. I think he would transition nicely. He recently starred in a McDonalds commercial.
2. Danny Tamberelli, also known as the red haired kid in "Mighty Ducks" & Pete from "Pete & Pete". He was also on "All That" which was on Nickelodeon. He recently appeared in a commercial for "Wendy's". Wikipedia tells us that when he is not busy acting "He has worked for GoldBergs Bagles in Wyckoff, NJ for many years".
3. Steve Zahn. Whether it's "Reality Bites", "That thing you do" "Sahara" "Forces of Nature" or "You've got Mail", Steve always plays the weird, funny friend. He was my celebrity crush all the way through high school for his line in "That thing you do", "Are you crazy, a man in a really nice camper, wants to put our song on the radio". I was the only person who thought this line was funny, but it forever endeared him to me. Again, I thought he was Canadian, which is the highest compliment, but he is not. He hasn't recently appeared in any fast food commercials that I know of.
I interrupt this list to point out that apparently I'm attracted to the "other guy" whose face will always be in the corner or miniscule on a DVD cover.
4. Toby Keith. This was a very brief crush when he released that song about Huckleberries. I just thought it would be nice to have someone who could beat people up for me. I'm a pacifist. I got over that pretty fast.
5. I have a deep & abiding love for Michael Ian Black. First he was on the TV show "ED" about a lawyer who runs his office out of the bowling alley, & lots of those guys are Canadian. Then it was all the "I love the..." on VH1, where I sit through 20 minutes of the Quaker Rice Cakes snack girl just to see him. I even watched "Stella" for brief glimpses of him.
Please leave a comment & let me know who your weird celebrity crush is.