Trish tagged me for this meme, which I decided to do because it's always a good idea to get on the future president's good side, & because I have a plethora of stories about my name I've been wanting to share. A plethora.
1. YOUR REAL NAME:
The year was 1982. My mom decided to name me Sarah, but to be avant garde & drop the "h" thus forming Sara, which she had never seen or heard before. Every other mother in 1982 had this idea as well.
2. YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (first three letters of your name, plus izzle)
Sarizzle. Hmm, if you rearrange the letters of my gangsta name you can spell "a sizzler", which isn't a bad choice for dinner.
3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three of your last)
Ssee. Doesn't have the effect that I was going for. I guess I'm not a fly girl.
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (fav color and fav animal)
Orange Minotaur. Look for this character in the upcoming novel "Orange Minotaur & the case of why boys are dumb".
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, Street you live on):
Emily...That's all. I don't live on a street, the powers that be thought it would be easier if each house was identified by it's lot number. Just to make things inters ting none of the lot numbers have corresponding letters. So, number g-259 might be right next to e-74. Even the ambulance has a hard time finding it's way around. I think I just solved Orange Minotaur's first case.
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name, first 3 letters of mom’s maiden name)
Seesawil. I think this has a certain panache. My family says that I know I'm ready to have children when I can finally pick out a decent name for a child. (I really don't know what is wrong with naming a kid fat head, just one of the many reasons why I'm not capable of being a mother yet). I think Seesawil has definite possibilities.
7. SUPERHERO NAME: (favorite color, favorite drink)
Orange Cranberry Juice. Her superpower can be staining white shirts that dry cleaners themselves would not be able to get out. At least I know what I'm going as for Halloween next year.
8. YOUR IRAQI NAME: (2nd letter of your first name, 3rd letter of your last name, any letter of your middle name, 2nd letter of your moms maiden name, 3rd letter of your dad’s middle name, 1st letter of a sibling’s first name, last letter of your moms middle name)
YIAESYZ If I had those letters on Wheel of Fortune, I would win. This game is harder than math.
9. YOUR STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/body spray)
Vanilla Fields. At least I now know my calling in life.
10. YOUR WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother & father’s middle name)
Willoughby Joseph. What? You've already met Willoughby Joseph & she was rude to you? She sent pizza after pizza to your house & threw cranberry orange juice at you? I have no idea what you are talking about.
There was a time when my brothers were both dating girls named Sara. I realized that if they got married, there would be 3 people with exactly my name. I couldn't handle this, so I put a silent 5 in the middle of my name. Sa5ra. People don't catch onto the silent part, they just call me safivera.
UPDATE: I just remembered that even before "Gilmore Girls" I wanted to be calle Ace, which is usually reserved for airplane pilots & reporters of which I am neither.