Sunday, September 21, 2008

Dear AARP,

I felt it my duty to inform you of a new threat that I feel is endangering the elderly of our nation. That threat is Tom Hanks. I've been noticing lately that he has been sporting various eye wear that can only be described as "old lady glasses"

I wear glasses myself so I know for a fact that these styles are no longer manufactured. I also know how frustrating it is to lose your glasses because you can't see to find your glasses. I then have to make the logical assumption that he is stealing these glasses from the back of night stands & those drop boxes at the optometrists where you are supposed to donate your glasses to charity. People just keep looking at him like he is perfectly normal, so I expect this behavior to increase. I suggest that anyone who owns a pair of pink to peach 80's style frames start wearing eyeglass chains. I would be happy to form some sort of watchdog group.

Sincerly,
A Concerned Citizen

7 comments:

Stacy said...

I think I need to see these glasses. Maybe there was no foul play. Maybe he just inherited them from his grandmother is all.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I appreciate your dedication in keeping the uninformed among us apprised of these societal concerns.

Now I need to search out an image of these glasses (and put my grandma on her guard).

Did you win the auction??

Barrie said...

I say, let's email Tom and see what kind of explanation he comes up with.

Unknown said...

i was doing a pretty good job of containing my laughter until i read the phrase "watchdog group". you are hysterical. hysterical! :)

robin ann mcintosh said...

hahaha - Raven, you crack me up ;)

Trish Ryan said...

Hysterical. I'm off to google TH to see this for myself.

This should earn you a spot on that news broadcast, "The Fleecing of America"

LEstes65 said...

Is he trying to just keep the cycle of fashion moving? Like, right now, I think we have nice glasses around. So does he think we need to cycle into crapola glasses for a while again? Just wondering.

PS - my word verification is "hutch". I was much more a Starsky girl...