Monday, June 07, 2010

The Great Gatsby Lights Girl

One of the reasons that I love living in a small town is that you simply get to know everyone. Just passing by people isn't really an option. Even if you don't carry on a conversation with someone you generally get to know what they look like and a little bit about them. Everyone is a character and you get to see how vivid people are. This has got me thinking a little bit about how I would look to strangers, like if I was a supporting character in a book I would be the:

Girl who mails out a small sized envelope every week but never ever ever has the $.64 cents in change to pay for it so she uses her check card.

The girl who wears a winter beret because it was cuter then a normal hat.

The girl who in the summer always wear a belt over her t-shirt to define her waist and also because it makes her feel a little bit like Wonderwoman.

The girl who no matter the town problem always suggests putting up "Great Gatsby Lights". These are the lights that look like actual light bulbs and are always strung across outdoor parties in really cool old fashioned movies. She then goes on to explain that these lights will solve all of the worlds problems, even though they didn't appear in the book but just look like they would make for a wonderful party and possibly solve everything that is wrong with the world. (Side Note: Great Gatsby Light Girl has never been to a party with these lights but whenever she sees an outdoor wedding with regular white Christmas lights of the non Great Gatsby variety she gets a little sad.) Also here is a picture of what she is talking about:



How would you look if you were in a book?

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I'm not sure how I'd look in a book; I'll have to think about that one.

But I do want Great Gatsby Lights now, even if I didn't five minutes ago.

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I'm not sure I'm interesting enough to be a character in a book, but I think if I had some Great Gatsby lights showcasing me, I could maybe be one. A very bright one.

Allie said...

I can totally see you in Gilmore Girls in a town meeting. :)

Barrie said...

I would not look nearly as interesting as you.