Tuesday, June 15, 2010

One Step Forward....

Sign I am a grown up:

I spent money, intentionally on buying three surge protectors for my house. Not anything sparkly, not candy, surge protectors. Plus, I didn't even have any surges beforehand to teach me a powerful life lesson.

Sign I am not:

Looking at people's facebook pages I realized that one of my old friends had gotten married. I don't know exactly why this was such a shock to me because umm that's what people do. Then spent the next half hour saying repeatedly "She got married to a boy".

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I am always in awe when I learn old friends have children. I cannot imagine ever feeling mature enough to be entrusted with a child.

Allie said...

I love how on your blog posts there's no need to italicise anything; I can understanding exactly what emphases you'd use on "She got married to a boy".

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Facebook is like looking at your highschool yearbook come to life. Crazy-weird!

I don't blame you a bit, and I consider myself a grown-up.

Trish Ryan said...

I still don't think to buy surge protectors. Growing up comes in weird stages, I guess :)