Saturday, September 24, 2011

Inner Beauty

In the three years I've had my Dell I've often said "This is the last time I buy a computer just because it is pink". Right now the list of issues is as follows:

Dead internal battery
That's ok because the charger no longer charges the battery
Broken frame around the screen that I fixed as best I could with a computer guys help so I can no longer see the inside of my laptop. This is good news.
Messed up hinge. No I didn't drop it, I just you know opened and closed it on a regular basis.

Any of these fixes will cost about 1/3 of a new computer. Since I work online I consider my computer to be much less expensive than actually commuting somewhere. However, I also know a lot of people who do my job with keys missing on their keyboard, so I find that very noble and inspiring. Impossible but inspiring.

I vowed that the next time I was in the market for a computer I was going to learn what a processor was. I wasn't going to be swayed by anything shiny. Then I saw this computer with flowers on it. I never said anything about flowers, only about pink. I was a grown up and went for a more expensive version with a good processor. It is silver. I like to think that it has inner beauty. I know that technically I can put decals on it; but it just won't be the same as having the flowers built in.

4 comments:

heidikins said...

I totally bought my computer (also a Dell) because it was red...

xox

Barrie said...

I have had my mac book for almost 3 years now. It is quite ill and has gone in for repairs. Maybe computers just start falling apart around the 3 year mark?

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Oh that dandelion one is lovely! And it has a matching carrying case!

If I had a reason to have a laptop, I might want that one.

LEstes65 said...

Two words: i Mac. Wait. That's actually one word: iMac. But either way, I held out as a "PC" until 2008. I will NEVER go back.