Friday, September 30, 2011

We're Number...50?

I love my state. It is awesome. That is why I live here. However, I seriously think any of our local news stations have the worst headlines ever. It's like someone from How I Met Your Mother was writing them for Robin. A sampling tonight was about a Taco Bell employee who was committing credit fraud. The headline was "She wasn't dipping into the sauce. She was putting extra cheese on your credit card". First off, I do love that someone stealing the amount of a Taco Bell order twice was enough to make the news. It makes me happy to live in such a safe place.

I've said this over in my head 87 times and it still doesn't make sense. I get that sauce and cheese are things that are at Taco Bell. However, even if it had been translated into a different language, translated back into English, and then kicked by a donkey I still don't understand it. What are the worst headlines or news teasers where you live?

3 comments:

Barrie said...

Do you ever watch the headllines on Jay Leno? They can be hilarious! Maybe you should send him this (nonsensical) one)

Alyssa Goodnight said...

Oh, we don't have anything like that! I have to admit, I loved that headline--for sheer entertainment purposes. The news is generally so depressing, I like to have some way to detach a little bit.

One day I will make it to Utah...

LEstes65 said...

I just browsed through my local online "paper". Their headlines were very to the point and informative. I feel I should write them to point out their severe lack of pad punditude.

By the way, my word verification is "troco". Which made me think taco. Which made me wonder if this interwebz is getting a little too clever for itself.