Sunday, September 04, 2011

Why I'm Yelling At Your Furniture

Unacceptable: I've noticed a recent decorating trend. I call it bossy furniture. It seems like everything from Pottery Barn or any Pottery Barn knock off or craft blog is trying to tell me what to do. There's tables with the word "Eat" on them, and beds with the word "Sleep" stenciled on them.

Acceptable: Stencil a toilet seat with vulgar words, or better yet just "Go potty",

Unacceptable: Then there's the signs, oh my gosh are there the wood signs and vinyl wall words. Everyone in Utah seems to have one, or one in every room. They say commands like "Cherish Every Day" or "Keep Calm and Carry On" or the worst yet "Always Kiss Me Goodnight". I just want to yell "You are not the boss of me. I can eat when I want to".

Acceptable: I would use these in one circumstance. I always thought it would be awesome to have a really traditional elegant home, with the vinyl wall words up. However, I'd just take all of the numerical characters so it looked like swear words like @#$^ ^$#. That's not really a swear word as much as it's me quickly typing with the shift key on but you get the idea.

6 comments:

Allie said...

This is why we love you!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I LOVE these acceptable ideas! (Particularly the swear words, disguised as 'extra characters').

heidikins said...

I'm totally putting #^&($@^$#* on my wall at home. :)

xox

Stacy said...

I have always wondered how I could liven up my plain white toilet. Stenciling! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I'm all for it! LOL

LEstes65 said...

Do it. And then post pictures.