Everyone is so down when they are single at Christmas. Not Sarakastic, it's one of the few things I have a positive viewpoint on.
1. No Christmas shopping for boring boy stuff. No hanging out in sporting goods or electronics stores. I get to spend that money on my annual gift to myself. (This year it was a pair of peridot & blue topaz earrings in sterling silver).
2. You can have a metallic pink Christmas tree if you want. All decorating decisons are up to you.
3. No in-laws. You can spend Christmas with your own family or friends.
4. You get lots of sympathy & extra presents. None of that "family gift" stuff for you, it's yours, all yours.
5. You can make your own traditions. If you want to spend one of the few days you get off of work eating cheetos in icecream (don't knock it until you've tried it), you can!
6. You have a reason to be cranky. You can walk around kicking people & no one will fault you for it. Use their misplaced sympathy to your advantage.
So this year if anyone mentions anything about how it must suck to be single at Christmas just recount your tales of freedom, the pink christmas tree, the earrings, the cheesey icecream & make them jealous.